EBSD Detector: Symmetry
EBSD – electron backscatter diffraction – is a powerful microanalysis technique that enables rigorous characterisation of the microstructural properties of crystalline materials. A high-performance EBSD detector is critical for the effectiveness of the technique, influencing both speed and data quality.
Symmetry is a revolutionary new EBSD detector from Oxford Instruments based on customised CMOS technology, providing unprecedented performance and ease of use:
- Over 3000 indexed patterns per second (pps)
- Up to 30x faster than existing CCD-based detectors
- Extreme sensitivity for low current and low kV analyses
- 1244 x 1024 pixel resolution, ideal for HR-EBSD applications
- High resolution patterns at all speeds
- Innovative design features for simple operation
Symmetry: one detector for all applications with no compromise.
Request pricing Watch the Symmetry storyDownload the brochure